Racial Justice and … Decarceration
Are you looking to learn more about the racial justice work happening in Maine?
Join us for a virtual series we’re calling “Racial Justice and…”!
Every day, grassroots leaders in Maine are challenging the ways that racism shows up in our community’s policies, practices, and culture. Through this multi-part series we will engage in a dialogue with inspiring leaders addressing these intersections of racial justice and other social, economic, and environmental issues.
The first three sessions will take place over three evenings in December:
- Decarceration (12/1 5:30 – 7pm*)
- Grantee panelists: Maine Prisoner Advocacy Coalition, Maine Youth Justice, and Maine-Wabanaki REACH
- Housing Justice (12/8 5:30 – 7pm*)
- Grantee panelists: Raise-Op Housing Cooperative, Four Directions Development Corporation, Homeless Voices for Justice, and Rise and Shine Youth Retreat
- Health Equity (12/16 5:30 – 7pm*)
- Grantee panelists: Southern Maine Workers’ Center, New Mainers Public Health Initiative, and Maine Access Immigrant Network
This series is free to the public, and we encourage you to share with friends and family! Register once and gain access to all of the sessions.
*Sessions will be recorded and shared with all registrants.