The following is a list of immigrant-led, community-based, and grassroots organizations here in Maine who have either applied directly to The Solidarity Fund or who have been invited to apply:
- Burundian Community Organization of Maine
- Congolese Community of Maine
- Immigrant Support Association
- In Her Presence
- Intercultural Community Center
- Iraqi Community Association of Maine
- Mahoro Maine Association
- Maine Access Immigrant Network
- Maine Association for New Americans
- Maine Community Integration
- Maine Immigrants’ Rights Coalition
- New England Arab American Organization
- New England Djibouti Community
- New Mainer Integration Center
- New Mainers Tenants’ Association
- Rwandese Community Association of Maine
- Somali Community Center of Maine
- SUD Community Development Organization
- Sustainable Livelihoods Relief Organization
- United Youth Empowerment Services
This list will be updated daily with any new applicant organizations.
**(In addition to the list above, we’d like to recognize the Somali Bantu Community Association of Lewiston/Auburn, the Immigrant Resource Center [formerly United Somali Women], Maine Immigrant and Refugee Services, and Mano en Mano. These organizations have budgets too large to be eligible for this program, but we’d like to acknowledge their importance for Maine’s immigrant community.)
Please help us expand this list!
If an organization you run, volunteer at, know of, or support is not on this list it does not mean they are not eligible. All organizations who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Maine-Based: Operating exclusively or primarily in Maine communities.
- Immigrant-Led: The Organization’s leadership (board, staff, and/or membership) must include individuals from the immigrant, refugee, or asylee community.
- Non-profit: 501(c)3 non-profit organization, or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Have an organizational budget under $75,000.
The application for The Solidarity Fund can be found here (scroll to the bottom of the page for the link): http://maineinitiatives.org/grants/solidarity-fund/
We encourage you to share this information widely. And if you have an organization who you think should be included on the list above please email Andrea Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.