The Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund will make program grant support available to fund and strengthen emerging and established immigrant-led, community-based organizations in Maine. For more details read below.
If you need translation help with the application or any of the information related to The Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund, please email Shima Kabirigi at email@example.com or call 207-607-4070.
Si vous avez besoin d’aide pour la traduction de cette application ou de toute information concernant les fonds des Immigrants, s’il vous plait contactez: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hadii aad u baahantahay in laguu turjumaano arjigaan, ama warbixinada la xariira dhaqaalaha isku duubnaanta, fadlan email udir gabadhaan la yiraahdo Shima Kabirigi cinwaakeedana waa email@example.com
Si se requiere traducción o cualquiera otra asistencia para poder completar esta propuesta, favor de contactarle a Shima Kabirigi por correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org. Gracias.
Maine Initiatives is a network of individuals supporting greater social, economic, and environmental justice in Maine through informed, intentional, and collective philanthropy. With the support of the Broad Reach Fund, Maine Initiatives is pleased to announce a new new grantmaking fund. This fund will make program grant support available to fund and strengthen emerging and established immigrant-led, community-based organizations in Maine.
Maine Initiatives’ 2018 Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund will provide programmatic support for organizations addressing key community needs.
In addition to funding, grantees of the Fund will be invited to participate in a series of capacity building activities over the course of the one year grant period.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Degree to which the organization demonstrates a commitment to community outreach and engagement that builds and strengthens relationships within the immigrant community.
- Degree to which the organization provides culturally appropriate services to a primarily immigrant population in Maine.
- Degree to which the organization’s work builds and strengthens relationships between the immigrant and mainstream communities.
- Degree to which the organization is fostering leadership within the immigrant community.
NOTE: Organizations do not have to be doing work in all of these areas, but must be having an impact in at least one of these areas.
Applicants can request up to $10,000 in programmatic grant support. We intend to fund discrete programs or projects with an identifiable start and end date, a clear budget, intentional set of goals and activities that work to accomplish those goals.
ELIGIBILITY: WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible for the 2018 Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund, the applicant organization must:
- Be Maine-based: Operating exclusively or primarily in Maine communities.
- Be Immigrant-Led: The organization’s leadership (board, staff, and/or membership) must be predominantly individuals from the immigrant and refugee communities.
- Be a Non-profit: 501(c)3 non-profit organization, or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Have an organizational budget under $100,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund. The deadline for application is April 16th. Please follow the process below:
- First, read over the application questions: Please read the full application HERE.
- Then, attend an optional Information session: We’ll be holding information sessions across the state to answer any questions you have about the RFP and our grantmaking process. You are not required to attend, but are strongly encouraged. Each session will cover the same material, so you only should attend one.
- Portland, March 9th, at 1:00 pm at the Maine Initiatives Office
- Lewiston, March 12th, at 3:00 pm, location TBD
- Lewiston, March 12th, at 6:00 pm, location TBD
- Online via Webinar: March 14th, at 1:00 pm (access details to be sent after registration)
- Augusta, March 16th, at 10:00 am, location TBD
- Portland, March 17th, at 1:00 pm at the Maine Initiatives Office
- Lastly, completely fill in the application: Click HERE to access the full application. Proposal narratives and all attachments should be submitted by either:
- Emailing to email@example.com
- Mailed (Postmarked by April 16th): 56 North Street, Suite 100, Portland, Maine, 04101.
- Hand delivered to the Maine Initiatives office: 56 North Street, Suite 100, Portland, Maine, 04101.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 pm on April 16th.
2018 Immigrant-Led Organizations Fund TIMELINE
March 1st: Request for Proposals Issued
March 5-15th: Information sessions
April 16th: Grant Application Due
May 31st: Grant Award Announcement