Maine Initiatives is a progressive, community-based foundation that funds and strengthens organizations advancing social, economic, and environmental justice in Maine. As a public foundation, our asset base is the community: the people and their knowledge, expertise, relationships, values, resources, and time. We identify and mobilize these assets by engaging, informing and connecting our donors; and leverage these resources to fund and strengthen the organizations that are tackling our community’s most entrenched challenges.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for a new position at the foundation that will provide leadership in two integrally related program areas: Communications and Engagement. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the vision and values of the foundation, including a belief in the ability of an individual to be a force for positive change, the power and importance of collective action, and the potential of our communities to embody greater social, economic, and environmental justice.
As one of only two full-time positions at the Foundation, this position will assume a variety of duties associated with the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the foundation (i.e. administrative duties as assigned) and:
- Develop, implement, assess and improve the foundation’s communications plan, strategies, tactics, and tools;
- Foster stakeholder engagement and community building across multiple communications platforms and media (website, social and traditional media, email marketing, etc.);
- Create compelling written and graphic communications content consistent with Maine Initiatives’ brand, mission, and strategic goals;
- Optimize and integrate the foundation’s donor management and communications systems and databases;
- Write original content (such as grantee profiles, case studies, blog posts, etc.) that highlight Maine Initiatives approach and impact;
- Monitor and measure user experience and data on a continuous basis and adapt or revise strategies accordingly.
- Assist in the design and execution of complex donor and stakeholder outreach processes, including logistics, communication, documentation, follow-up, etc.
- Design and implement donor education and engagement activities
- Conduct research of and outreach to potential grantee and partner organizations, community leaders, etc.
- Manage and facilitate complex, participatory processes (i.e. grantmaking committees)
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience that includes digital communications and marketing, brand development and maintenance, excellent writing and editing skills, program design and implementation, and superb interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Experience in digital communications, public relations, media outreach
- Passion for and deep knowledge of social, economic, and environmental justice issues and organizations in Maine
- Project management experience: self-starter, detail oriented,
- Positive attitude, ability to thrive and flourish in an unstructured environment that is undergoing rapid growth and change
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position. Maine Initiatives offers a competitive salary and benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a resume and a cover letter indicating your salary requirements to email@example.com by January 15, 2016.